Randal --

Hmm...

I've not run into this before, and I don't know what CPAN is thinking, but
the
way I see it is that (at least numerically) 1.0 > 0.009. Since 1.0 is the
latest
version, I don't see anything I'd consider 'retrograde' about the release
order and version numbering of the Perl Shell (psh).

A quick scan of some google results on "retrograde" shows you pointing
out things I do see as retrograde, such as moving from 0.8 to 0.11 (since
0.11 < 0.8):

If you can help me identify the way in which I've sinned in releasing
psh-1.0
as the version to replace psh-0.009, I'd be happy to take appropriate
remedial
action (I did a quick grep for leftover references to 0.009 in the code,
but didn't
find any...).

Regards,

-- Gregor