* _brian_d_foy ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) [030121 08:38]:
> In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Johan
> Vromans <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > [Quoting Mark Overmeer, on January 20 2003, 19:16, in "Re: Module submissio"]
>
> > > Many applications have a need for User information: address books, e-mail
> > > tools, databases, configuration systems, etc etc.  So the common devider
> > > should take its own name space.
> >
> > Agree, no problem, but somehow "User::" doesn't feel right to me.
>
> no, User is not right.  typically the "user" is the computer operator,
> and this sounds like a catalog of people.

That is actually what it is.  Each User::Identity describes one physical
Person.  It tries to contain the information which is used to define
a user within various applications.

There is already a User.pm defined, which only provides a user-name and -login
definition, which is a pitty... my plans for User::Identity is all GCOS
information.... and more.

Please suggest something which is more suitable.  I have thought about
'Person', but that does not combine well for names of sub-modules.
'Config::User' is also not as nice, because the objects do not only
contains coniguration data [but may have it].

'Meta::User' can be code, but I think User::Indentity is right on the spot: I
want to describe the identity of a user for its applications... a user may
have multiple location identities (home, work, ...), e-mail identities
(private, webmaster, ...), imap identities (different servers with username
and password), etc.  User::Indentity collects and selects them for re-use.
--
               MarkOv       %-]

drs Mark A.C.J. Overmeer                                MARKOV Solutions
       [EMAIL PROTECTED]                          [EMAIL PROTECTED]