On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 09:41:49PM +0200, Steffen Mueller wrote:
> On 06/10/2011 11:02 PM, Christian Lemburg wrote:
[...]

> >@Dear CPAN maintainers: please make Matthew Astley owner of any
> >remaining modules in the Perlunit distribution.  [...]
>
> Christian, thanks for letting us know. I've transferred ownership of
> the modules in question and triggered a re-indexing of the new
> upload of Matthew's.

Thank you both.  CPAN has now accepted and indexed all my current
uploads, although some small issues remain.

> Matthew, please let me know if I missed any namespaces.

I'm not sure, and would be grateful for advice or explanation.

I got permission errors from the reindex of 0.25 for
 fail_example_testsuite_setup
 Tk::ArrayBar

but no errors for the reindex I requested for 0.25_1325.  The packages
are still present at the same place in the dist, but the upload now
has a more complete META.yml [1].

 a) package and file naming for example code.

The file examples/fail_example.pm contains two packages.  The extra
one is called fail_example_testsuite_setup, for this I have no
permission[2].

In 0.25 fail_example and Experimental::Sample are listed as modules,
but fail_example_testsuite_setup is not.

In 0.25_1325 no example files are listed.

 - in which namespace and directory should example files be?
 - should I include them under META{no_index}{directory} ?

 b) Naming of incidental packages.
    The file lib/Test/Unit/TkTestRunner.pm contains two packages, the
    second called Tk::ArrayBar, for which I have no permission[3].

I know best practices have got better since 2000...  I will split the
module into its own file.  I would prefer not to make a separate dist
for it because Test::Unit has enough dependencies already.  Should I

 - have permission for Tk::ArrayBar?
 - rename it within Test::Unit, perhaps to Test::Unit::Tk::ArrayBar?

I have re-read
  https://pause.perl.org/pause/authenquery?ACTION=pause_namingmodules

and would discuss Tk::ArrayBar with Slaven if I keep that name, per
the "Big projects" section.  I didn't see anything about example
namespace.

Thanks again,
--
Matthew