In article <52c62648.5070...@faui2k3.org>, Moritz Lenz
<mor...@faui2k3.org> wrote:

>  >           =================================
>  >
>  >      module: WebService::Libris::Author
>  >           version: undef
>  >           in file: lib/WebService/Libris/Author.pm
>  >           status: Not indexed because lib/WebService/Libris/Author.pm

>  >              M/MO/MORITZ/WebService-Libris-0.07.tar.gz has a higher
>  >              version number (0)

> Why is the absence of a version number considered less than version 0?
> And how can I make PAUSE forget that old version?

I ran into this problem last month where I wanted to set a dependency
on Mojo::UserAgent, but the version is always undef. So, I have to
create a dependency on a module (Mojolicious) that I didn't actually
use. People will say that this shouldn't be a problem, but we thought
that about LWP too before it broke out several namespaces.

As far as PAUSE is concerned, the behaviour makes sense to me and is
only not confusing if you don't think about how Perl treats undef.

Is there a reason you don't want to give the module a version? I know
that doesn't help with the PAUSE stuff.

For the reindexing, you can try deleting the old distros then trying to
force a reindex.
https://pause.perl.org/pause/authenquery?ACTION=reindex

PAUSE instructions:  http://pause.perl.org/pause/query?ACTION=pause_04about