Just to close the loop...

> Hm, odd...
> CPAN shows my last release, 1.04, as being the most current release of the
> module, anywhere:
>  http://search.cpan.org/~sburke/Pod-Escapes-1.04/
>
> ~But~ as I look in PAUSE, I don't see it as belonging to me at all.
>       Owner: ARANDAL
>       Co-maint: LTOETSCH
>       Co-maint: NEILB

When I previously adopted one of Sean's dists I was told he'd retired. This
time I noticed that he wasn't listed in the permissions for the dist, so
assumed[*] that the same applied for this dist. And then my email to the PAUSE
admins got spam blocked, as often happens. So I impatiently[**] emailed Ron
directly. Apologies to Sean and Ron; lesson learned.

Anyhoo, all's well, etc.

I've done a first developer release[†], and while I wait to see what CPAN
Testers thinks, I'll test the upstream dependent dists. Then I'll do a regular
release and if CPAN Testers is happy with that, I'll merge my updates into
blead.

Cheers,
Neil

[*] my first mistake