One can optimise embedded mode for better performance, but I would put a big
caveat on that and say is only probably a good idea to tackle if you have the
one web service.

Running 260 micro services in one Apache httpd instance with mod_wsgi sounds
rather scary either way.

If you use mod_wsgi daemon mode where each micro service is in its own daemon
process group (with a single process and small number of threads), then you
might get away with it if these aren't high volume sites. That said, it is
still a lot of managed daemon mode processes and not sure how well Apache will
handle that, especially on restarts.

Running them all in embedded mode would be a bad idea if each needs a separate
Python interpreter context because the Apache worker process would be huge in
size. If Apache httpd was configured for prefork MPM it would be even worse
because you would have a potentially large number of worker processes since all
are single thread. You also run a big risk with micro services interfering with
each other in strange ways if running in different sub interpreter contexts of
the one process due to how Python imports C extensions, and process wide
environment variables work. Various third party Python packages with C
extensions will not even work in Python sub interpreters (eg., anything related
to numpy).

You definitely want event or worker MPM, but even then, for 260 micro services,
if they need separate Python interpreter context I can't really recommend it
still because of size concerns for processes and potential cross sub
interpreter interference.

So the question is whether when you said 260 micro services you really mean
independent web applications, or whether you just mean you have 260 different
unique HTTP handlers as part of the one application, and thus in the same
Python interpreter context.

When people talk about such large number of micro services, usually you would
not be aiming to host them in a single Apache instance but would instead be
looking at running something which can handle things at scale like Kubernetes
and creating separate deployments for them in that, relying on the ingress
routing Kubernetes provides to get traffic to the appropriate micro service.

Graham