I really like Moin and am always impressed by what it can do. Ahem.
However, I often struggle with getting things to work.

So I'm just wondering, and I'd be interested to hear peoples thoughts on
the above subject.

I think if Moins config/administration was controlled through some
forms/screens where options were set/controlled that this would make
Moin much easier to administer (and use). On the other hand, I think
part of Moins appeal, especially for developers, is having the features
described and commented on right in the content, or put another way,
Moin's content describes Moin and how it works. This is useful when
learning Moin but gets in the way when you are just trying to provide
Moin as a service to others and wan't it to be as easy and intuitive to
use for them as possible.

FindPage http://Moin/FindPage has gone in this direction I believe.

I guess this is the old 'a gui interface makes it easier for newbies vs.
command line for the wizards' debate which applies to most any software.

And now that I bounce around the web a bit, I see that GSOC projects are
tackling these big issues.
http://socghop.appspot.com/org/home/google/gsoc2009/moin

Good stuff.