> I think if Moins config/administration was controlled through some
> forms/screens where options were set/controlled that this would make
> Moin much easier to administer (and use).

Yes, maybe. The problem is that someone has to invest quite some work
into that.

> learning Moin but gets in the way when you are just trying to provide
> Moin as a service to others and wan't it to be as easy and intuitive to
> use for them as possible.
>
> FindPage http://Moin/FindPage has gone in this direction I believe.

I don't think I understood how FindPage relates to that. OK, it provides
some form, but OTOH, it could be much better...

> I guess this is the old 'a gui interface makes it easier for newbies vs.
> command line for the wizards' debate which applies to most any software.

Well, it is not so much that we are in general against an easier user
interface or so, the problem is just that doing that stuff right
(without "dumbing down" things for those who want more) is quite some
work and apparently no developer is interested enough in that to work on
that and provide code for it.

Don't expect that the very few currently active moin core devs do that,
they have a some years long TODO list with important stuff that needs to
be done at the core of moin and at non-optional user interface parts, so
it is rather unlikely that someone of them will have time for other
stuff that consumes a lot of time.

The good news is that some stuff planned at the core also will make such
optional UI stuff easier, for example we work on jinja2 based templating
in moin/2.0-storage. Currently mostly for content, maybe also for theme
if we find some developer working on it.

> And now that I bounce around the web a bit, I see that GSOC projects are
> tackling these big issues.
> http://socghop.appspot.com/org/home/google/gsoc2009/moin

If you mean the easier admin/install interface project: it failed.