On 2002-11-07T23:21:09,
   Jon Meek <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

> Lars - As I mentioned in a posting earlier today, I did not know that a
> "syslog.monitor" already existed. My "syslog.monitor" is completely
> independent and is not a branch. I am sorry that I took your name and will
> change it, probably to syslog2.monitor, or maybe a more creative name...

No problem. I should have checked and saw that it wasn't a branch then. Sorry
'bout that.

Yeah, the two are rather completely different in scope I think. I'll give
trying to make mon-syslog running again a go in the next few days. I _hope_
that it shouldn't be too much work, but those are famous last words ;-)

(Jim, I also need to add the feature you requested about being able to read
the local syslog socket)

If anyone else, like, a real user wants to continue maintaining the code base,
though, I'd be more than willing to hand it over.

Sincerely,
    Lars Marowsky-Brée <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

--
Principal Squirrel
SuSE Labs - Research & Development, SuSE Linux AG

"If anything can go wrong, it will." "Chance favors the prepared (mind)."
  -- Capt. Edward A. Murphy            -- Louis Pasteur