Hi All,

I can't get snmpvar monitor to do anything. I'm trying to test with the "--list" option. Here is my test setup:

Test command:

./snmpvar.monitor --config /etc/mon/snmpvar.cf --varconf /etc/mon/snmpvar.def --list localhost

It returns nothing. No errors. Nada. And the return status is 0.

Test config files:
/etc/mon/snmpvar.cf
Host localhost
MY_VARIABLE Min 1 Max 2
FAKE_VARIABLE

/etc/mon/snmpvar.dev
Variable MY_VARIABLE
OID .1.3.6.1.4.1.2021.9.1.1.3
DefaultMin 1
DefaultMax 2
Decode 1 One
Decode 2 Two
Decode 3 Three
Decode 4 Four
Decode 5 Five
Description Disk stuff

I would expect an error that FAKE_VARIABLE is not defined at least. I can also enter the command:

./snmpvar.monitor --config /etc/mon/snmpvar.cf --varconf /etc/mon/snmpvar.def --list bogushost

And even though "bogushost" is not defined anywhere the command returns nothing and the return status is 0.

Am I doing something wrong here? How do I test that I've got a valid snmpvar configuration?

Thanks for your help.

--K