Hello,

snmpvar.monitor together with mon is a cool thing. But i wanted to do things with it, which werent there. So i tried to implement them myself.

- Added a new type XOID to snmpvar.def which allows to query multiple OIDs per host and instance and do computations (eval) with them.
- Added a "fake" OID value which represents the current time to allow to compute "something per second".

See the included sample snmpvar.def file.

In snmpvar.def, i decided to not extend the meaning of OID but instead add XOID because i wanted to keep parsing simple and also have backward compatibility. It works for me this way. However as i have finished, i think it is possible to remove XOID and include the functions in OID. What do you think?

The instance currently is always added to the OIDs given. So it is not currently possible to do something like ifInOctets / sysUptime as sysUptime exists only once per device while ifInOctets exists once per interface.

Finally, i am a fan of "use strict". So i added it. Afterwards i ran the code through perltidy. I hope you do not consider this as "messing up" the whole thing....
Are these extensions useful for anybody else beside me?

Best Regards

Matthias Weigel
ISOnova GmbH