I have a script for checking space on my mounts. It parses the output from the "df" command and checks to see if there is sufficient space available, and dies if the mount doesn't work. I can mail it to you if you are interested ...

Hugh

Matt Simonsen wrote:

I don't see a NFS monitor anywhere. I was wondering if any of you had
one you used?

In thinking about it I suspect the easiest way to test it may be to
mount each share and run `cat $file` to ensure a known good file is
readable. I am not sure this would scale well and be easy to maintain,
so one more in the http monitor style may be a better way to go.

Any thoughs/scripts that could be shared? I searched for NFS in the
archives and found nothing.

Matt

Hugh Caley, Unix Systems Administrator
Affymetrix, Inc., Emeryville, CA