On Tue, 1 Jul 2003 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I would like to put multiple monitor checks under one service entry.
> Is that possible at all ??
> I havn't found anthing contrary on the man page.

can't do that. only one of each parameter is allowed in the service
definition, except for periods.

> Situation:
> I have to check a group of hosts that listen on a certain port and
> one host that happens to listen on another port. The service they run is the
> same. therefore I would like to keep them together in the checking.

the way to tackle this problem is to make changes to tcp.monitor to figure
out which ports to use for which hosts, via reading a separate config file
or parsing a hostname as "hostname:port". for example:

hostgroup somehosts host1 host2 host3:9999 anotherhost:29999

watch somehosts
    service port-listening
            interval 10m
            monitor tcp.monitor