--On Friday, April 23, 2004 10:49 AM +0200 Christian Hertel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Our mon always tolds us that his Downtime Logfile starts at 1.1.1970.
Even if I erase the dt_logfile, the same error occurs after a few
minutes.

There is a bug, where blank lines from the dtlog are being output to the client, and the client is interpreting the timestamp as zero.

The fix is a single line change.  Search for this line in mon
         sock_write ($fh, $_ ) if (!/^#/);
and replace it with:
         sock_write ($fh, $_ ) if (!/^#/ && !/^\s*$/);

(Yet another bug that I've had fixed in our copy of Mon for 1.5 years, but that I haven't submitted to Jim because he hasn't released the last set of patches I sent him.)

-David

David Nolan                    <*>                    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
curses: May you be forced to grep the termcap of an unclean yacc while
     a herd of rogue emacs fsck your troff and vgrind your pathalias!