On Sun, Nov 14, 2004 at 10:40:14PM -0800, Joubin Moshrefzadeh wrote:
> Thanks for the hint, thats one place I wasn't checking. There
> were some error messages about not being able to load Crypt::TripleDES,
> which sent me straight to the README for mon.cgi, and after installing
> the module, no more error messages... BUT, the problem still persists.

Oh well.

> What I do see a lot of now is "File does not exist:
> /var/www/html/favicon.ico" errors for every time i try to log in.

Your browser is looking for an icon to display in the title bar.  Not
part of this problem.

> Another thing I am noticing is that no cookies are being set on
> my machine, even if I open a browser on the server itself and try
> to login from it. I've checked firewall rules on the server and my
> desktop, I've checked permissions, and now error logs, and made
> sure the times on the server and client machine are sync'd. Still
> no cookies...

No cookies, no login.  mon.cgi uses cookies for its authentication
scheme.  Have you tried using lynx or a text-based browser or a
browser that's on the same side of the firewall as the Mon server?
If that works, then blame the firewall.