--On Thursday, July 14, 2005 4:42 PM -0500 Aaron Segura <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

So, for future troubleshooting efforts, the debug counter *is* supposed
to update once a second?

I will try upgrading to 1.1.0pre1.  Thanks for the info.

I wasn't sure, but I just went and read the code. Its a loop counter, incremented once on every pass through the main loop. In a normal situation mon sleeps for 1 second on every loop after processing any pending I/O. So unless mon is either really busy (lots of jobs being queued, lots of I/O to process) or hanging (due to alert issues with older mon), yes, the counter should go up approximately once a second.

-David

David Nolan                    <*>                    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
curses: May you be forced to grep the termcap of an unclean yacc while
     a herd of rogue emacs fsck your troff and vgrind your pathalias!