Hi there

I'm running a Fedora Core 4 High availability cluster with DRBD (RAID over
IP) mirroring.

Now i want to create a monitor, that checks the status of the DRBD service.
My problem is, that i never wrote a program with perl.

There is a command for DRBD status check: drbdadm cstate drbd.
The output of this command can be for example: Unconnected, Connected,
WFConnection..

For some states, i need an action. For example, When i have the state
Unconnected, i want to reconnect DRBD, so that the state is "Connected"
again.

My question is, what should this monitor script contain, that it can
communicate with mon? I think, there should be defined some exit codes and
actions according to those exit codes, but i really don't know how to
realize this..

I need this informations, that the perl programmer of our company knows, how
such a script should work.

Any hints to this ? Or is a bash-script based monitor possible, too? How
would this work?

I hope, you can help me

Greets

+++ GMX - die erste Adresse f�r Mail, Message, More +++