On Tue, 28 Feb 2006, Jim Trocki wrote:

> On Thu, 2 Feb 2006, Eric Sorenson wrote:
>
> > I had written something like this in the past that got lost, I'm
> > sending out this version to the list for storage in contrib/ or,
> > minimally, in google's archive :-)
>
> thanks, i added it to the contrib module in the sourceforge cvs, to be
> discovered by future generations just as those prehistoric paintings were
> discovered in the caves of Altamira. Five points to whoever can tell me what
> album I've been listening to recently.

Steely Dan, _The Royal Scam_ , I'm guessing.

> p.s. someone just asked me about making mon do something with snmp traps,
> and i sent him this script.

That SNMPTT program is pretty darn good, it made this thing easy to
write. Next up I want to hook this S.E.C. thingy into mon, probably
with the same trap2mon functionality. The routers and servers are
pointing syslog at a syslog-ng host, which lets you filter log
messages through a program in addition to writing them out. Nate Campi
has a good writeup here: http://www.campin.net/newlogcheck.html

--
  Eric Sorenson - Unix / Networks / MIS Manager - Transmeta Corporation