I have the same kind of setup. Here's what I have done:
- Left the connector as it is
-----START server.xml-----
<Connector address="10.0.0.3" port="8090" processors="10" secure="false" />
-----END server.xml-----

- In apache.conf I have proxied it as follows
-----START APACHE CONFIG-----
ProxyPass         /mmonit  http://10.0.0.3:8090 nocanon
ProxyPassReverse  /mmonit http://10.0.0.3:8090
ProxyRequests     Off
AllowEncodedSlashes NoDecode

# Local reverse proxy authorization override
# Most unix distribution deny proxy by default (ie
/etc/apache2/mods-enabled/proxy.conf in Ubuntu)
<Proxy http://10.0.0.3:8090/*>
  Order deny,allow
  Allow from all
</Proxy>