when i compile the code below and i run it, i've got the following exception:

Unhandled Exception: System.InvalidOperationException: The type Car was not expected. Use the XmlInclude or SoapInclude attribute to specify types that are not known statically.

can you help me, how can i solve it? how to serialize the non primitive type (ArrayList with the instances of the Car class)?

thanks

mirek
mirek wrote:

try to compile this code:

using System;
using System.IO;
using System.Collections;
using System.Xml.Serialization;

public class Car
{
 public string type;
 public int price;

 public Car( string type, int price )
 {
    this.type = type;
    this.price = price;
 }
}

public class Config
{
 static string filename = ".configrc";

 public ArrayList list;

 public Config()
 {
    list = new ArrayList();
 }

 public void Add( string type, int price )
 {
    Car car = new Car( type, price );
    list.Add( car );
 }

 public void Save( Config config )
 {
    using (FileStream fs = new FileStream(filename, FileMode.Create)) {
       XmlSerializer serializer = new XmlSerializer(typeof(Config));
       serializer.Serialize(fs, config);
    }
 }
}

class App
{
 public static void Main()
 {
    Config config = new Config();
    config.Add( "truck", 200 );
    config.Add( "pickup", 100 );

    Console.WriteLine( "hello" );

    config.Save( config );

 }
}

mirek

Robert Jordan wrote:

mirek wrote:

hello

i try to use serialization for storing of configuration in my app. the problem is, i've got some data stored in ArrayList, and they are not primitive types - they are instances of classes or some structs. so it looks like this:

 [Serializable]
 public class Entry
 {
    public string type;
    public int price;
  }

 [Serializable]
 public class CConfiguration
 {
    public ArrayList vehicle;
  }

  // in my app...
  Entry e = new Entry();
  e.type = "truck";
  e.price = 200;

  vehicle.Add( e );

but it doesnt work. how can i do that?

What doesn't work? Did your get an exception? If so, which one?

Robert

e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
icq: 113397932
jabber: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
homepage: http://www.intrak.sk/~binas

english:

slovak:
prosim, neposielajte mi prilohy vo formatoch .doc a .ppt (power point)
precitajte si http://www.fsf.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.cs.html