> From: mono-devel-list-boun...@lists.ximian.com [mailto:mono-devel-list-
> boun...@lists.ximian.com] On Behalf Of Jo Shields
>
> it's
> easier to work with a standalone MD project than the whole Mono tree,
> when doing breakpointing & object inspection

Something I've certainly done in the past to debug mono sources, was to create
a MD/XS solution in the mono source dir locally on my system, with a really
basic console application that referenced some mono classes, so I could then
debug my console app & step through mono source in the IDE.  After doing stuff,
I chose to commit mono source changes and discard the IDE scaffolding because
it was trivial.

In the case of certmgr, was there any complexity in creating the solution in
MD?  If it's trivial, it might be reasonable for people to just generate them
when they need them.  If it's non-trivial, it might not be unreasonable to
include those in the mono sources.