No idea about the xbuild issue, but you should be able to build Pash on another
machine and just copy over the .exe, it is managed code after all ;)

From: chasel...@gmail.com
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2015 16:54:19 -0500
To: mono-devel-list@lists.ximian.com
Subject: [Mono-dev] mono 4.0.0 xbuild won't build project

Just built and installed mono 4.0 from sources.  Basic "Hello World" console
program builds and runs successfully but basic "Hello World" project
(hello.proj) won't build; xbuild displays the banner and then exits with no
errors and without building the project.

Here's the hello.proj

< Project xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/developer/msbuild/2003";>;

        <Target Name="Build">

                <Message Importance="High" Text="Hello, World!" />

        </Target>

</Project>

I;ve tried /verbosity:detailed and several other flags.  I've tried running
path/to/mono -v /path/to/xbuild.exe proj.proj. Same thing happens every time:

/bld/pash/Pash-Project-Pash-bc07215 $ xbuild Pash.proj

XBuild Engine Version 12.0

Mono, Version 4.0.0.0

Copyright (C) 2005-2013 Various Mono authors

/bld/pash/Pash-Project-Pash-bc07215 $

Please help...this is driving me crazy.