I do this and works (asp example)

Alias /mono "/srv/www/htdocs/test"
MonoApplications "/mono:/srv/www/htdocs/test"
<Directory /srv/www/htdocs/test>
 SetHandler mono
 <ifModule mod_dir.c>
  DirectoryIndex index.aspx
 </ifModule>
</Directory>

But when I do this

Alias /first "/srv/www/htdocs/first"
MonoApplications "/mono:/srv/www/htdocs/first"
<Directory /srv/www/htdocs/first>
 SetHandler mono
 <ifModule mod_dir.c>
  DirectoryIndex index.aspx