Paul F. Johnson wrote:

On Thu, 2005-08-25 at 16:04 +0200, Paolo Molaro wrote:
On 08/23/05 Julien Gilli wrote:
There hasn't been any feedback from several core developers on this point. So I ask the same question again :-). Do you think that it's something that could be help mono development ?
Yes, it would be useful.
Who is going to step up and organize everything?

What needs to be done?
I think that putting  the following couple of pages together on the Wiki  :

- General informations on bug days :

* What is a bug day ?
* Who can attempt ?
* When does it take place ?

-  Detailed informations on what to do during a bug day :

This can be split in two parts : bug squashing and bug triaging :

* As for bug triaging :
 * How to find bug reports that are most important to triage ?
 * How to triage a bug report ?

* As for bug squashing :
* How to find bug confirmed bug reports that are most important to fix ?
* How to fix a bug ?

along with an IRC channel and a mailing-list to announce special events (like special bug days before a release, etc.) could be a good step forward :-).

What do you think about this ? I can give some time to help organize these bug squashing/triaging thing. I can write the wiki pages too . However, I think we should discuss about conventions used by mono developers for the bugzilla system (like what version or milestone a bug report should be assigned to, etc.) before doing it.

Looking forward to hear your comments.

All the best,

--
Julien Gilli