Alex Shulgin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to add some custom control to ToolStripDropDown using
> ToolStripControlHost.
>
> This works fine with .NET, but with Mono (2.2) the control is always
> resized to 22 pixels tall...  Too bad I can't find a workaround for a
> few days now.
>
> Any help & suggestions are much appreciated. :)

If someone could tell how to create a popup window w/o using
ToolStripDropDown I'd be grateful.

Since it's exactly the thing I'm trying to accomplish--using
ToolStripDropDown is just the shortest way in .NET, but it seems to be
broken in Mono.

I've tried to override CreateParams property of Control class with the
code similar to the one found in Mono's ToolStripDropDown sources, but
no luck:

     public class PopupWindow : System.Windows.Forms.Control
     {
         private Control content;

         public PopupWindow(Control _content)
         {
             this.content = _content;
             this.Size = _content.Size;
             this.MinimumSize = this.Size;
         }

         protected override CreateParams CreateParams {
             get {
                 CreateParams cp = base.CreateParams;
                 cp.Style = unchecked((int)0x82000000); // WS_POPUP |
WS_CLIPCHILDREN
                 cp.ExStyle |= 0x00000088; // WS_EX_TOOLWINDOW |
WS_EX_TOPMOST
                 Console.WriteLine("PopupWindow.get_CreateParams:
returning {0}; cp.Style=0x{1}", cp, cp.Style.ToString("X"));
                 return cp;
             }
         }

         protected override void OnResize(EventArgs e)
         {
             Console.WriteLine("PopupWindow.OnResize: Bounds={0}", Bounds);
         }

         protected override void OnPaint(PaintEventArgs e)
         {
             Console.WriteLine("PopupWindow.OnPaint: Bounds={0}", Bounds);
             base.OnPaint(e);
             using (Pen p = new Pen(Color.Black))
             {
                 e.Graphics.DrawRectangle(p, Bounds);
             }
         }
     }

The program output is (after right-clicking on the form once):

MyControl.OnResize: Bounds={X=0,Y=0,Width=50,Height=50}
PopupWindow.get_CreateParams: returning CreateParams {'SWFClass0', '',
0x28, 0x88, {0, 0, 0, 0}}; cp.Style=0x82000000
PopupWindow.get_CreateParams: returning CreateParams {'SWFClass0', '',
0x28, 0x88, {0, 0, 0, 0}}; cp.Style=0x82000000
PopupWindow.OnResize: Bounds={X=0,Y=0,Width=50,Height=50}

No window is shown and OnPaint event handler isn't called at all...
What I'm missing?

--
Alex