Brian May wrote:
> I tried updating to a version that creates a directory, when the
> directory already exists, with monotone 0.34.
>
> It complained that there was a conflict, and didn't update anything.

Ok, good, because there is code in there to check and fail and it would
be sad if it didn't catch at least some cases.

> Maybe I misunderstood the condition that caused J Becker's problems
> though.
>
> Or maybe my test case was too simple.

Yeah, it would be good if someone can come up with a test case that
fails, then we can fix things. Once I get the roster merge conflict
messages stuff done I was thinking of having another look at trying to
deal with workspace conflicts purely in terms of roster merge which
should clean things up and be more robust.

Cheers,
Derek