Markus Wanner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

[...]

> The main motivation is making dates cert information more reliable. But
> it looks like that's not considered "core functionality" of monotone.

I don't think anyone objects on principle.  The question is just of
whether it's possible to do that in a cost-effective way.

[...]

> Why does monotone show a date at all, if it's so unreliable, unchecked
> and not considered "core functionality" by monotone?

Because (presumably) it's useful, even though it's not as reliable as
you might like.

I note that (AFAIK) no other VCS verifies dates either, and they all
still keep them.  And emails regularly contain incorrect dates, but
dates are still on the whole useful.