First, let me state that I am an absolute novice in Mac programming and have
next to no experience with XCode. I have also spent an inordinate amount of
time trying to find solutions online, including purchasing some books, but
am unable to make any progress.

My problem is that I am trying to build MGSplitViewController for use in my
monotouch application. I have the code in xcode and have successfully built
the release version for the simulator and I have also downloaded and built
the Monotouch bindings dll.

Now what?

I have tried following the Monotouch page
(http://wiki.ios.xamarin.com/HowTo/Interop/Consuming_3rd_Party_ObjC_Libraries)
on consuming 3rd party libraries, but I cannot find a .a file anywhere.
There are only two files that are produced in the release directory:
MgSplitView.app and MgSplitView.app.dSYM.

Monodevelop won't let me link either of these files, so I don't know how on
earth to get this library included into the application.

Can anyone shed any light, even if it is a pointer to existing
documentation?