Hi guys,

I hope someone has an idea, because I've been at this for days and am out of ideas. I have created bindings for a native library (TouchDB) and got everything working great in the simulator. But when I try to run in the device, I always get a crash as soon as I call anything other than a constructor (see full report at http://pastebin.com/1MbmeJQi ). Basically, its going in to an infinite (or very long) loop consisting of

wrapper_managed_to_native_MonoTouch_ObjCRuntime_Messaging_IntPtr_objc_msgSend_IntPtr_IntPtr_intptr_intptr_intptr_intptr wrapper_runtime_invoke_object_runtime_invoke_dynamic_intptr_intptr_intptr_intptr_0
mono_jit_runtime_invoke
mono_runtime_invoke
monotouch_static_trampoline
wrapper_managed_to_native_MonoTouch_ObjCRuntime_Messaging_IntPtr_objc_msgSend_IntPtr_IntPtr_intptr_intptr_intptr_intptr

I found an old mail indicating this was due to bug #707 (which is long since resolved, but then again I'm only on the latest MT stable so maybe not?) and I went ahead and rebuilt my library with THUMB disabled.

I verified visually with otool -tv that the library being linked had no thumb instructions, but I suppose there could be others lurking around.

On the MT side, I've tried building both with and without the LLVM compiler and with and without enabling thumb support and got the same results (certain combinations of compiler/arch/instruction set didn't build due to unresolved symbols for some framework libraries used by TouchDB though, which is bizarre, not ameliorated by adding them explicitly in the build phase in Xcode, but hopefully unrelated).

I am on Xcode 4.2 (stuck on snow leopard), using apple's llvm 3.0. I have not tried LLVM GCC 4.2 as the library sources use features it doesnt support.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as my app is pretty much dead in the water without being able to link to this lib.

Thanks,

Daniel