Just a small addition to the good information John presented,. Any sailing vessel, regardless of size, in addition to the side and stern lights can carry a red over green all-around lights high on the mast.
The rules also allow for any sailing vessel that is less than 7 meters may show only a white light in sufficent time to prevent collision...but I don't really recommend it!
I have a tri color masthead Aqua Signal light wihich also has an all around light which I use as an anchor light. I also have the original deck mounted red/green lights, and have added a white light part way up the mast for when motoring. I am going to change the deck lights to a bow mounted re/green light, mainly because when I drop the sail, (i use a downhaul from the cockpit) the sail usually hids the lights. I also upgraded the stern light to an Aqua Signal just for increased visibility. All the lights are the Aqua Signal series 25 navigation lights.
John Edwards
Miss T
M17 # 372
- M_Boats: M15 Masthead lights Doug Kelch
- Re: M_Boats: M15 Masthead lights Roberta & Mark Dvorscak
- Re: M_Boats: M15 Masthead lights John Fleming
- M_Boats: Re:Who you calling Coastie J... Eugene Lodrini
- Re: M_Boats: M15 Masthead lights Saltm17
- Re: M_Boats: M15 Masthead lights John Fleming
- Re: M_Boats: M15 Masthead lights Stan Winarski
- Re: M_Boats: M15 Masthead lights Larry Yake
- M_Boats: Re: HOLD UP LARRY,: M15 Mast... Eugene Lodrini
- Re: M_Boats: M15 Masthead lights Saltm17
- Re: M_Boats: M15 Masthead lights Richard Lane
- Re: M_Boats: M15 Masthead lights Saltm17
- M_Boats: M15 Masthead lights Steve R .
- Re: M_Boats: M15 Masthead lights Howard A
- Re: M_Boats: M15 Masthead lights Stan Winarski
