In a message dated 12/13/01 11:58:45 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

>I am considering purchasing a used 15.  I am experienced sailing 30+
>
>footers.  So I am interested in talking with anyone who sails a 15 and
>goes
>
>out for as much as a week or so with a mate.
>
>
>
>Thanks,
>
>Dave Rossi

Dave,
My wife and I have cruised our M15 for up to three weeks in British Columbia. 
 We went ashore frequently for hikes, swims, etc.  I too have had larger 
boats, and I think cruising in an M15 as more akin to backpacking or car 
camping (more comfortable than backpacking, actually) relative to cruising on 
a 30 footer, which for all purposes, feels more like camping in an RV.  We 
have been fortunate to have good weather for most of our trips.  Continued 
bad and/or rainy weather would be a challenge on an M15--at least one without 
a full cockpit enclosure/boom tent.  My friend and former M15 owner (now 
sails a Flicka) made such a cover/tent, and when it rained, we went over to 
his boat.  Four of us were able to take meals comfortably with this 
arrangement.

I developed a number of systems for cooking, fresh water storage, gear 
storage, head, etc. that made these trips more doable/enjoyable.  We were 
never uncomfortable (again, it did not rain much), and we slept just as well 
as we did on our bigger boats (the M15 berths are surprisingly long and 
comfortable.

I will be out of town (and away from email) until middle of next week.  If 
you have any additional questions, I would be happy to talk to you then.  
There are a few others on this list that have done some extended trips as 
well.

Scott Grometer, M15 #478 "bebe"

_______________________________________________
montgomery_boats mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to