Bob, thanks so much for your kind welcome.

I do have a question you may be able to answer, or perhaps someone else out
there can.

I mentioned briefly what I fear may be a leak in the centerboard trunk area
of my M-15: there is water in the keel sump and also in what appears to be
a narrow space between the outer and inner hulls(?) directly below where
the porta-pottie sits.  There are several good descriptions in the
archives, from people who have had a similar problem, of how to find and
fix the leak.

I guess what I'm really wondering is -- is there available out there some
kind of drawing or diagram that would show exactly how the M15
(specifically here I'm thinking of the CB/keel area) is put together?  I
don't have a clear picture of how the centerboard trunk is sealed out
(isolated) from the space between the outer and inner hull.  How is water
able to communicate between them (I guess it's not supposed to right?)

Is it that the centerboard trunk walls are attached and sealed directly to
the inner hull (floor)?

Does anything prevent water that has found it's way between the inner and
outer hulls in one area, from travelling to any other area of the boat?

I remember from my gear-head days that you could always get books with
diagrams of how things went together in your CAR (that's back when you used
to actually be able to tune up your own engine -- shows you how old I am)
but I suspect such things would not be available for sailboats, yes?

I realize that at the end of the day, I just need to establish precisely
where the leak is, if any exists, and fix it, and that theoretical
understanding is not necessarily required for that.  I'm just the curious
type I guess.

Steve
Chicago, Illinois
M15 #151





Bob <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>@mailman.xmission.com on 12/19/2001 03:38:06 PM

Please respond to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Sent by:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]


To:   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
cc:
Subject:  M_Boats: Welcome Steve.....

I'm happy you found a suitable Montgomery 15. I know you and
your wife will enjoy her for years to come.

I also appreciate your comments about  Cruising World Magazine.
It does seem that they only cater to the gold-plate crowd and
have left the small boat sailor behind.
I know that your comments are accurate and at the same time somewhat
tongue-in-cheek :-)

If you need any help or advise this is the place to ask. If I can
help just give a call.





_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to