Steve,

Any chance the boat was trailered in a rain?  I've had water creep in under
the slider.  Do you have a vent that could have allowed some leakage?

Steve P
Sojornen M15-159

----- Original Message -----
From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, December 19, 2001 2:28 PM
Subject: Re: M_Boats: Welcome aboard


>
>      Stan wrote:
>      >>My inner liner was very "tender" in that area and
>        tended to crack when stepped on.
>
> YES! I noticed that same thing -- the floor seems extremely thin there
> where the porta-pottie sits.  In fact, that's why it is so immediately
> apparent that there is water in there -- because the moment you step on it
> you can hear and feel the water sloshing inside -- kind of like a little
> waterbed.
>
> Are you saying that water may have actually seeped through from the inside
> of the cabin, through small cracks in the floor?  It is true enough that
> this boat was kept, at least for the last year, outside in the elements.
> (Covered by a tarp but still.)
>
> If there IS a leak I'd like to find it this winter so I don't lose any
> sailing time next season.
>
> OK, here's the question for ALL you experienced M15ers out there: do I
just
> pump out what's in there now and wait and see what happens when I put her
> in the water next season?  Or do I perform the dreaded
> "fill-up-the-hull-with-water test" as soon as possible?
>
> PS:  OK, Stan, point taken.  My lovely bride does have a name.  It's
> 'Debra' and she's kind of shy, so go easy on her.
>
> Steve & Debra
> Chicago, IL
> M15 #152
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats
>


_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to