Stan,

Excellent points about the different metals and lightning.  I work in the utility 
industry and I know great, big, grown men who dive to the floor when a bug zapper goes 
off.  Scary is too mild a term.  I think I will practice dropping the mast just in 
case I ever have to.

Stever R.
M-15 #119
Lexington, KY

--- Stan Winarski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

A simple way to mount that mast head fixture is to use a standard mast bracket 
inverted over the halyard wheels that rise out of the top of the  mast.  It could be 
rivetted onto the mast.  The hard part will be to  find an aluminum mast bracket.  All 
I've ever seen are stainless steel.  Stainless steel and aluminum don't go together 
well.  You might use aluminum brackets available at a Lowes or Home Depot type store.

Although your mast is already a great lightening rod, your lead would facilitate the 
flow more directly to your terminal block, presumably inside your cabin. You might 
look at interupting that flow with some kind of safety device and directing any stray 
voltage over the side.  We've recently experienced lightening strikes 10 miles away 
from the edge of a storm.  Scarry stuff.


Stan
M-15, #177

_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to