Howard,

So what's the "ok news?"  That you ruined someones day? he he he. . . .

Bill Riker
M-15 #184
Storm Petrel

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Howard
Audsley
Sent: June 03, 2002 8:04 AM
To: Montgomery Boats List
Subject: M_Boats: Doug's Tricks


Went out last weekend, and while out tried some of the tricks Doug mentioned
on his ICW cruise.

The half gallon sprayer/shower works. I tried Home Depot. They only had 1
liter and 1 gallon sizes. Lowes has the Hudson half gallon rose
sprayers...in a bright blue or hot pink. I chose the blue, thinking it might
absorb heat and work like a solar shower. Forgot to test that theory. I
won't again. Heating some water helps. The cold shower option would make an
excellent contraceptive device! The half gallon size stores easily, and is
enough to wet down, lather up and rinse off. You might need two fills if you
were washing much hair.

At 6' and 210, I never thought much about the quarter berth, but tried that
too. I fit with several inches to spare and was able to roll over, so that's
where I stayed, and likely will stay from now on.

Due to recent rains, our lake is 25 feet high. The ramp was flooded, so we
were launching off the road that leads to the ramp. I was to the floor
boards and had the  front wheels to the hubs to get the boat to float off
the trailer. I couldn't retrieve her, so I tied her to a slip at the marina
and left her there. I was in a slip next to the Water Patrol boat, and as I
was getting ready to leave, the radio chatter broke to some concerned talk
about two boats that had collided. They strictly enforce a no wake zone at
the marina, but after that, the officer backed out of the slip and took off
at full throttle....right up the middle of the marina. That didn't look
good.

The famous last words of a redneck usually are, "hey ya'll, watch this". I
was reminded of that as I was getting ready to hoist some sail, I somehow
managed to drift near another boat, and was forced to wait on a group of
country gents getting ready to drag one of the spawn around on some type of
towed water toy. Normally, they are required to raise an orange flag on the
boat when someone is in the water. In this case, they substituted a kid
waving a pink flyswatter. Well at least they were trying.

And lastly, this was the maiden voyage for my new Kern Sails. There is good
news and ok news about those, but they do run hotter than the 20 year old
blown out originals! I passed a 23 footer twice, and shortly after I passed
them the second time, they tacked, then there was considerably shouting,
followed by dropping sails and motoring off. Hope I didn't ruin anyone's
day.

Howard


_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats


_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to