Howard,

If your roach is only an inch too big, you could remove the slugs and use
the bolt rope.  That would solve two problems! And might avoid recutting the
sail.   Of course, I'm not a slug fancier.

You may not have any choice with the jib.  My jib is right at the limit,
too.  I am looking for a more efficient piece of hardware for the tack.

Good Luck,
Bill Riker
M-15 #184
Storm Petrel

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Howard
Audsley
Sent: June 04, 2002 10:22 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: M_Boats: Doug's Tricks


On 6/4/02 8:08 PM, "Bill Riker" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Howard,
>
> So what's the "ok news?"  That you ruined someones day? he he he. . . .
>
> Bill Riker
> M-15 #184
> Storm Petrel
>
> --

That too : )

No, they are going to require some tweaking. The luffs on both sails are a
smidgeon too long. The jib is virtually maxed out on the forestay. Any
stretch and it will sag. The roach on the full batten main snags on the
backstay a bit in light air jibes. One of the battens is a bit too long and
needs to be trimmed. The luff slugs on the main tend to jam. They both need
telltales. Hopefully, nothing I can't solve. But even with all that, it's a
better sailing boat. And sneaking by bigger boats is becoming more and more
common. It could get habit forming!

Howard

PS. I did get waxed by a 31 footer flying only his main, but he also had his
motor running. Once he shut that off and rolled out his jib, I was able to
keep him in sight. For a puny little 17 footer, she is starting to get some
attention.


_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats


_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to