I'm using a 150 on my CDI Furler mainly because I've been told some
races limit you to a 150 instead of a 155 (not that I that big a racer).
I find the CDI furler does a good job of reefing. I have foam in the
luff on my 150 which helps the sail maintain its shape when reefed.
This time of year in San Francisco Bay I use my working jib as there is
usually a pretty fair amount of breeze particularly near the Golden Gate
in the afternoon. 

Bob Campbell

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of
Honshells
Sent: Thursday, July 11, 2002 5:54 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: M_Boats: CDI Furler


Does the CDI allow reefing as well as furling?  

M17ers:  Do you recommend a 150% or 155% jib with the CDI?  

----- Original Message ----- 
From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, July 10, 2002 6:16 PM
Subject: wrong boat number


Jerry,

I'm using a CDI FF2 furler on my M-17.  It's simple and 
works beautifully with both my working jib and 150. This 
is the first boat I've owned with a furler and wouldn't 
want to be without one now.  They're very handy, 
especially for single handing.

Bob Campbell

Montgomery 17 #615 "Alina"
Lodi, CA

--------------------------------------------------

I put the wrong hull number when I regs how do I change 
it on my 
registration. Also  would like more info on the jib 
furling for the M-17.



_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats



_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to