|
Hi
Wayne. My M15 spents the summer in the water and is stored during the
winter. I believe the prior owner kept the boat in during the summer
months as well. But the hull was mostly blister free when I bought it
three years ago. I've seen the usual remedy for blister repair, but these
are very small, so the normal repair process probably isn't
practical. t
Tom Smith & Jane Van Winkle Sandpoint, Idaho M15-345, Chukar
Hi Tom
Haven't had blister problems since I got rid of
my previous boat, I kept in the water. One thing I'm curious about is I
had always thought blisters only occured on boats kept in the water. Is your
boat on the trailer most of the time or in the water?
As far as what can be done, the only remedy is to
grind them out & patch them.
West Marine has a dandy booklet explaining the
process, & it's only $2.99.
Good luck & let me know your
progress.
Wayne
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, October 07, 2002 7:26
PM
Subject: M_Boats: RE: Blisters
Bummer. Chukar has developed a rather nasty rash of tiny
blisters over just the past summer. They concentrate at the water line
more or less, run a foot to two along a lapstrake then die out then start
again, and range in size from and eight or a quarter inch in diameter (so
they do not seem surgically removable like big blisters are...). Any
other M15 owners encountered these, and if so, any plan to do anything about
them? tom
Tom Smith & Jane Van Winkle Sandpoint, Idaho M15-345, Chukar
This message was scanned for viruses.
|