Thanks, Don.  --Craig

----- Original Message -----
From: "Don Olson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, February 21, 2003 11:12 AM
Subject: Vibration

Hi Craig,

I have a Honda 2 hp with the long shaft and I was a little disappointed
the first time I took it out because of the noise and vibration.  I
think my problem was that after hearing so many good things about the
Honda,  I was expecting something closer to an electric.  Previously I
had owned an old Johnson  6 hp 2 cylinder that I swear was quieter and
had less vibration. As I think some one else mentioned,  single
cylinders are inherently more vibration prone than multiple cylinders.
.  I have placed a piece of rubber backed carpeting on the motor mount
and that helps a little but not too much. Now that I have been using the
Honda for awhile I don't notice the noise and vibration as much.

I haven't been going through any special 'break in" procedures but I do
try and warm it up a minute or two before I leave the dock.  As has been
mentioned by others, it only takes about half throttle to to get out to
where you want to put up the sails or even motor back in if there is no
wind.  Each time I am out I do try and use full throttle for a minute or
two.

All in all I think the Honda is a great little motor for the M15 and
unless something else has come along since 2000 when I purchased mine, I
would do it all over again.

Don Olson   M15   Phoenix, Az








_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to