Don,

     Do you subscribe to Small Craft Advisor?  Check out July/Aug 2003 Issue
#22, page 43 article about "Gerr" Downhaul.  Its a great singlehand jib
handling technique - and it's simple and inexpensive.

Jesse Tate
M 15 #343
Carolyn J
----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Ludlow, Don" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Monty mail list (E-mail)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, August 01, 2003 9:11 AM
Subject: M_Boats: New M-15 Sweet Dream


> Hi:
> I just took delivery of a 2003 model M-15 # 620 named Sweet Dream. She
sits
> on her Pacific Trailer in my back yard in Mobile, Alabama right now. Sweet
> Dream has a factory installed Bimini top to shade my wife.  I've added a 2
> HP. 4 stroke Honda and a Thetford 135 Portapotti.
> I decided on the M-15 for a number of reasons. I principally daysail but
> wanted a boat with a small cabin so my wife can change clothes, nap, and
> answer natures call. The boat had to be seaworthy and stable, but have a
> shallow draft. I plan to single hand half the time so I wanted a boat that
I
> could launch and rig quickly and easily. Having been stuck with no wind
and
> an outgoing tide (hello Cuba), a motor and a 4 knot hull speed was
> essential. I narrowed my search to trailer-sailors from 15 ft to 19 ft.
Good
> cabin layout and storage was a prime consideration. I looked at Potters,
> used Commodore 18's, Compac 16's and  Suncats, P-18's, M-17's, etc but
> picked the M-15 because it is easy to trail, launch, set up, has shallow
> draft, a good interior layout, and LOOKS GREAT.
> I plan to sail the 40 mile long Mobile Bay and in Mississippi sound and
> around the barrier islands in the Gulf of Mexico. With the ICW running
> through the Bay, I've got access to several hundred miles of protected
water
> from Lake Borgn (New Orleans) to St Andrews Bay (Panama City, Fla) with
> clear water and white sand beaches. There are many great launching ramps
up
> and down the stretch on coast which give me good daysailing access..With
the
> addition of a rod holder, I plan to do some offshore trolling also
(Fishing
> is great here).
> I'm 61 years old but in great shape. Up to now, I've sailed Hobie cats,
> sunfish, and my escape Rumba (a little small to fish the gulf out of but I
> managed).
> Any rigging and handling suggestions would be appreciated
> Fair Winds
> Don Ludlow
>
> _______________________________________________
> http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats


_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to