If the knot is missing from the cb lanyard, the cb is suspended only from the pivot 
pin at the front of the board.  When the board is thus suspended, it acts as a lever 
on the pin.  It doesn't take long for the action of the boat to break the pin out.  
Many M15 owners have experienced this.  The knot must always be in place.  Connie's 
method of lowering the board all the way down, then lifting it a couple inches works 
fine--you can definitely feel when the board contacts the trunk.  Just remember there 
isn't a lot of centerboard there in the first place, so you don't want to take it back 
up too far.  You should check the knot's location occasionally to make sure it's not 
migrated upward.  t

Tom Smith & Jane Van Winkle
Sandpoint, Idaho
M15-345, Chukar
M17-064, Unnamed




-----Original Message-----
From: Rusty Knorr [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, October 31, 2003 1:12 AM
To: For and about Montgomery Sailboats
Subject: Re: M_Boats: C'mon, join the Pardey!


Hey, Connie.
  Wow, thanks for the warning! I have no stopper knot
but I am putting one in tomorrow before I take the
boat out for its maiden "paddle." This sounds serious,
what is the result of not doing it? I hear a lot of
discussion on the group about center board problems,
what should I look for? I have the boat in a slip, is
my CB going to rust away and disintegrate?! Will it
soon be locked away in the trunk forever?! Will it
drop out the bottom never to be seen again?! I need
all the info you can spare, Connie! Help!

                              -Rusty

PS: I don't even know what my CB is MADE of!
--- [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Hi Rusty,
> 
> Word of warning!!!
> 
> Do you have a knot in the centerboard pennant?
> 
> There is no stop when you drop the centerboard, so
> the proper way to do
> it is to carefully lower your CB till you feel it
> touch the CB case;  now
> pull up a few inches on the pennant and put in a
> stopper knot.
> 
> At this point when you lower the CB, the stopper
> knot will keep the CB
> from bottoming out on the CB trunk.
> 
> A safety precaution that every new M15 owner has to
> know.
> 
> Happy sailing
> 
> Connie
> 
> _______________________________________________
>
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats


=====
"In a power boat you may get there faster,
 but in a sailboat you are already there."


__________________________________
Do you Yahoo!?
Exclusive Video Premiere - Britney Spears
http://launch.yahoo.com/promos/britneyspears/

_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats


This message was scanned for viruses!!


_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to