I use a long shaft Honda 2 on an M17.  I believe it's all the ob power that's 
required, and up to the job in conditions beyond calm water.  You just learn the 
limitations of a smaller motor and abide by the rules.  Our M17 is a '75 with the 
transom cutout, but the motor is mounted on an adjustable bracket and very easy to 
raise and lower.  There doesn't seem to be any clearance problems motor to rudder.  t

Tom Smith & Jane Van Winkle
Sandpoint, Idaho
M15-345, Chukar
M17-064, Unnamed





-----Original Message-----
From: Bill Sylvester [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, October 31, 2003 9:36 AM
To: For and about Montgomery Sailboats
Subject: M_Boats: Re: New old M-17



Connie,

        If I understand correctly, you have a Honda BF2.  How would it work on 
our M-17 as a calm water kicker?  I am concerned about a bigger motor 
interfering with the action of the rudder.
        When we brought the boat from the slip to the trailer, we used a 50lb 
thrust Minn Kota that is presently with the boat.  We never used more 
than half of the power and everything was OK.
        I know this question has been kicked around by this group for a long 
time.  I feel that I can actually use the outboard cutout on the 
transom if the motor is small enough.
        What do you think, will the BF2 cut it?
        Have you heard of the new Honda BF 2.3?

Bill
Endelig
M-17 #279


_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats


This message was scanned for viruses!!


_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to