Hey everyone. Thanks for the tip on CB protection. I
put the stopper in today. It was a gusty day of
sailing with just a reefed main, I was surprised how
well the boat sailed and tacked without a jib. Very
impressive boat! I wasn't able to get it to heave to
without the jib though, any suggestions? I also had
the opportunity to "scull the rudder" coming back into
the slip. It worked pretty good as long as it was FLAT
calm. A little breeze made it hard to control though.
Using a canoe paddle works fine for propulsion but it
is VERY hard to maintain any steerage even with the
tiller tied off. Nonetheless, I took my outboard off
the boat today and I am going to enjoy sailing
motorless until I have the time to overhaul it.
Perhaps with more experience, I will never reinstall
it!!!
-Rusty /M-15
PS: Connie, the FIRST thing I did when I rigged the
boat was put a downhaul on, but thanks for the tip
anyway! I have wire halyards though and they won't let
the downhaul come all the way down. They stop about 4
feet from the tack, should I replace them? Thanks
again, -R.
=====
"In a power boat you may get there faster,
but in a sailboat you are already there."
__________________________________
Do you Yahoo!?
Exclusive Video Premiere - Britney Spears
http://launch.yahoo.com/promos/britneyspears/
_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats