Is this a possibility on a 15?  I've sat this way on Busca, sitting on the
ice chest and with some
cushions for padding....

http://www.bright.net/~htmills/M15readingseat.jpg

Tod

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of William B. Riker
Sent: Sunday, January 25, 2004 11:39 AM
To: 'For and about Montgomery Sailboats'
Subject: RE: M_Boats: M15 challenge - interior


Doug,

I place my sea bag at the head of the berth, blocking the slot to
under-cockpit storage.  Then add a couple of cushions against the bag, to
lean back against.  I can't sit as straight as I would like, but it's not
bad.  A florescent lantern provides plenty of light for reading.  When
sleepy, just turn off the lantern, slide down and conk out.   

I tested, but have not used, another method  It works well but requires more
rearrangement.  Remove the potti to the cockpit and line the potti well with
cushions.  Then sit nestled in cushions, with plenty of head room.  

Any other ideas out there?

Bill Riker
M-15 #184
Storm Petrel


-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Doug Kelch
Sent: Saturday, January 24, 2004 9:57 AM
To: Montgomery
Subject: M_Boats: M15 challenge - interior

The thread on portable kitchens lead me to seek help
on a different challenge.

The interior of the M15 is very comfortable to sleep
in but I cannot get a comfortable position to read.

Has anyone come up with an interior modification/
arrangement that would let you recline in a
comfortable position in the cabin.

The hatches and hatch boards could be open for this as
the closed up cabin is almost intolerable to me.

Thanks for any ideas!

Doug Kelch
"Seas the Day"

__________________________________
Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! SiteBuilder - Free web site building tool. Try it!
http://webhosting.yahoo.com/ps/sb/

_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats


_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats


_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to