Don,

Have a blast with your new genny and whisker pole.  While you're spending 
money, you might want to spring for a small cheek block at the masthead for your 
topping lift.  I have this arrangment on my Potter and find it easy and 
convenient.  The topping lift ties off at a horn cleat just above the main halyard 
cleat.

Steve Tyree, P-15 #2098 "Amy Ann"


In a message dated 3/26/2004 9:35:18 PM Central Standard Time, 
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
Bill:
I put a tiller tamer on Sweet Dream the first thing. A jam cleat under the 
tiller with an adjusable tension bungie across the cockpit. Also helps to 
hold 
the rudder straight out when coming into the dock and launching. The M-15 in 
responsive to shifting weight, like the potter.  It heaves to easily but 
grabbing the boom to adjust the toping lift and pull on the reef clew tends 
to start 
her sailing again in a stiff breeze. Eventually I'll get an 80% (heavy, flat) 
storm jib as Jerry recommends for those high wind days. Mostly the problem 
has 
been light wind and since I've gotten a new job, I can afford the 150 Genny 
and whisker pole that I have been lusting after.
Fair wind all.
Don
_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to