Something was drastically wrong if a tire wore out in 2000 miles of 
trailering.  That was a cheap tire issue, not a bias or radial issue.  

Those Marathons STs still move around a lot more than bias tires and will 
show it big when you have an unbalanced rig or emergency stop. I replaced old 
bias tires with Marathons and had massive sway that never happened before.  
Changing the rigs weight and balance helped but not enough to make it track 
straight like bias tires. I took them off in a matter of weeks and replaced back with 
bias trailer tires. I didn't like eating the cost but it was that much 
difference in the scare factor.  Premium bias trailer tires cost more than the 
Marathons too. That was on a 20' Proline outboard with a properly sized trailer 
towed behind a full size American V8 auto with self adjusting air shocks. That 
was a 4500lb boat rig and I doubt a 15 Mont would move the car around no matter 
how much give the tires had...but I thought sharing the info was a good idea 
anyway.
_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to