During my sail today, a couple of things came up that I think need to be
fixed. Well, three things actually, but my lack of sailing skill will only
be remedied by practice and learning from my mistakes.

The first is the tiller tamer thing. Enough has been said about that in many
recent posts, and I know what has to be done...but it has to be done! A
reliable way to keep the boat on a heading while going about one's business
is really a necessity when you're out there on your own.

The second thing, though, is the way the jib sheets come in off the cabin
top. The clam cleats are angled toward the center of the boat in a position
that would be about right for someone sailing the boat from the middle of
the cockpit or aft. Problem is I like to sit up close to the cabin to keep
my weight forward and from there the sheeting angles are awkward. I find
myself having to lean to leeward to adjust the sheet, and the body mechanics
are ugly. 

Has anyone else had this problem and dealt successfully with it?

Thanks

George M15 #385


_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to