Larry,

I have an '81 (#159) also.  From all that I have observed from the
discussions on the list, they are no different in performance from any other
year.

Steve
----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Hughston, Larry" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "'For and about Montgomery Sailboats'"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, June 07, 2004 7:39 AM
Subject: RE: M_Boats: Fun sail today


> Mr. G, what year is your M-15?  What can I expect from an M-15 built in
> 1981....have you heard any negative comments on those hulls from that
year?
> ----Larry  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: G Burmeyer [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Sent: Sunday, June 06, 2004 10:48 PM
> To: Montgomery Boats
> Subject: M_Boats: Fun sail today
>
>
> Hi all,
>
> Just wanted to crow a bit after getting back from a single-handed, heavy
> wind day sail on Clear Lake (CA). It was a blast: this is why I got the
M15!
> The only casualty was my Windex which, piece by piece, fell to the deck.
The
> poor little plastic thingy just got blown away.
>
> No idea how much wind there was, but there were whitecaps and wind waves
and
> I sailed with both the main and jib reefed, and me hiking out like I was
on
> a dinghy.  When I got tired I'd just heave-to and sit there, safe and
> comfortable while the wind howled.
>
> One of the nicest things about sailing by yourself is that there is no one
> around to bear witness to your bonehead blunders...like letting the
hauling
> end of the main halyard blow to leeward like a long pennant when you're
> trying get the sail up. Oops. Or letting the jib get wrapped around the
> forestay because you weren't fast enough with the sheets on a downwind
jibe.
> Oops again.
>
> Bottom line, though, is that in spite of my lubberly foolishness, the boat
> forgave me and showed me time after time that she is sturdy and remarkably
> seaworthy.
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats
>
> _______________________________________________
> http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats
>



_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to