While I haven't sailed the M15 in the SF bay I have sailed a 35 footer and a 26 footer
out there.  I don't see any reason why the M15 couldn't handle it.  Strangely enough
the only time my mast touched the water was on Folsom; normally a pretty placid lake
but it sure was white capping that day.  I only had the main up at the time; I can't
remember if it was reefed or not.  The iron genoa got me off the lake soon after
playing with lay downs.

In some ways I would think the bay would be better than an inland lake.  Wind driven
waves are more predictable than water skier generated chop.

Brian Ripley
'88 M15
Roseville, CA

--- "Hughston, Larry" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  A far braver man than I captain.  Have you done any sailing on the SF bay
> with the big boys ?  That is my goal after adequate training. ----LH.
> 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Brian Ripley [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] 
> Sent: Thursday, July 22, 2004 8:43 AM
> To: For and about Montgomery Sailboats
> Subject: RE: M_Boats: M-15 Boat Review
> 
> 
> Larry,
> 
> The Thetford PP 135/235 is a perfect fit in the M15.  I believe there is a
> slight gap between the pottie and the plywood cover when everything is in
> place.  I see there is even a marine model 735 that has hold down clamps; of
> course that isn't necessary in the M15 since, as hard as I've tried, I
> haven't been able to turtle it.  I did manage to put the mast down on the
> water once; I was so impressed with how well it came back up that I sheeted
> in and layed it down again; the head was never an issue during all this.
> 
> Brian Ripley
> '88 M15
> Roseville, CA



        
                
__________________________________
Do you Yahoo!?
Vote for the stars of Yahoo!'s next ad campaign!
http://advision.webevents.yahoo.com/yahoo/votelifeengine/

_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to