Bill, Keep me posted also on what you find in a 4 stroke OB.  I am looking
for a smaller 4 stroke for my M-15. ---Larry hull 189.  ---and Thanks. 

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] 
Sent: Thursday, August 05, 2004 7:17 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: M_Boats: Towing with motor attached


Bones,
There is a non adjustable bolt on motor mount that appears to be rock solid,

extremely strong and bolted down well. However, I've not looked to see about

the backing plate. Funny though... When I frequented the Potter Forum, there

was discussion about leaving the motor attached and several people chimmed
in to 
tell horror stories of seperated seams, large cracks, etc. Guess there are 
more differences than I thought.
I read an article in Good Old Boat magazine that stated... It's better to 
have a smaller engine running at 3/4 throttle that to have a larger enging 
running at half throttle. Small gas outboard engines are designed to be
rev'd a bit 
and will load up and run hotter at slower speeds. I'd think the 4HP would be

just a little small for the 23? Then again if you're not fighting currents, 
it's probably just right.
The current OB on my M-17 is a 2-stroke 6HP. California has most of it's 
better lakes on a 2-stroke ban, so when I get to lake use, I'll be looking
at a 
4-stroke to replace the current outboard. I'm just beginning to start a
short 
list on replacements and weight will be one of the deciding factors. 
Bill M-17 SF Bay 
_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to